PBUT Butynol Rubber Strip
PBUT is an Elastomeric Rubber Roofing and Waterproofing Membrane (Manufactured from an EPDM Butyl Rubber Polymer Blend). It is a copolymer of isobutylene with small amounts of isoprene, two gases derived from petroleum distillation.
The butyl rubber molecule has a highly saturated structure, and therefore is resistant to heat ageing processes, sunlight and ozone and has exceptionally high resistance to diffusion by gases and liquids (other than mineral oils and solvents). Butyl was commercialised in 1937, it is also used in tyre inner tubes because of its resistance to gas diffusion.
EPDM is an inert polymer made by co-polymerising Ethylene and Propylene with small amounts of another polymer. Its excellent weathering properties provide PBUT with increased durability compared to pure Butyl membranes.
- Industrial, commercial and residential flat roofs and gutters.
- Irregular angles, curves and contours of any scale architecture.
- Colour: Standard colour is black.
- Dimensions: 50mm x 12m, 80mm x 12m
- Service Temperature Range: -50°C to 110°C
- Life Expectancy:
Tropical Areas – In excess of 20 Years
Temperature Zones – Earliest application still good after 40 years