Self Amalgamating Tape 2517
2517 is a high-performance insulating and self-amalgamating tape based on EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber). It is Black in colour.
- For jointing and repairing a wide range of solid dielectric power cables up to 69 kV.
- For insulation, waterproofing and protection of electrical components.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent physical and electrical properties with a high degree of stability under conditions of use.
- The tape amalgamates rapidly when applied under tension to provide a void-free homogeneous wrapping, without the need for external heat or pressure.
- Compatible with a wide range of rubber and plastic dielectric cable insulation.
- These include polyethylene, cross-linked polyethylene, ethylene propylene rubber, PVC, butyl and neoprene.
- Excellent resistance to water and ozone.
- The tape will remove cleanly when cut, allowing it to be used as temporary
insulation or protection.
- Supplied in an easy to handle and apply tape form.
- The product is interleaved with a disposable plastic liner.